Erica Campbell breaks down the exact definition of church hurt: it occurs when you’ve been a victim of a total abuse of power in the church. This abuse of power could be anything from sexual assault and molestation to psychological manipulation. Erica talks a bit about folks who may be coming to church without an understanding of their own voice, who rely too heavily on leaders and their point of view.
It’s important to remember that your church leaders are human beings- not God. So, just like any humans, sometimes your church leaders make mistakes. It’s important to attribute those mistakes to their humanity, not God or Jesus. Check out this exclusive, inspiring clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- NYC Hotel’s ‘Racially Motivated’ Stereotyping Led To Mistreatment Of Black Artist, Complaint Claims
- Woman, Thou Art Loosed! Bishop T.D. Jakes Has Officially Passed The Torch To His Daughter Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts [Watch]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: “Make The Most Of Every Day”
- Brett Favre Loses Radio Shows Amid Widening Mississippi Welfare Fraud Scandal
- EPA’s New Environmental Justice Office Pledges ‘Billions’ For ‘Those Who Need It The Most
- What Brett Favre’s Welfare Scandal Means For Black People In Mississippi
- Netflix’s Disturbing New Series ‘Monster’ Called Out For Exploiting Black Women’s Trauma?
- Chanel Porchia-Albert On Baby Dove’s New Doula Campaign, Improving Black Maternal Outcomes And Increasing Access To Care
- Legislation To Rename Atlanta Post Office After Civil Rights Pioneer John Lewis Moves Forward
- Tennessee Cops Charge Black Student In Brutal School Arrest Video Over A Game Of Kickball