GRIFF discusses the challenges faced by people who suffer from abuse in church. Since that such trauma occurred to them in their church community, their abuser is someone their family knows and trusts. Consequently, people feel like they have to stay silent about the abuse. GRIFF breaks down how the surprising reason for that has more to do with feeling a desire to protect your loved ones, more than to keep the secret for ones own sake.
Then, GRIFF & Erica Campbell talk about how, as parents, they make sure such conditions don’t develop for their kids. She also details how her family made sure to teach her to decipher whether a situation was inappropriate or not. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lessons We Learned Over The Weekend [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Forgiveness Feels Better [EXCLUSIVE]
- Andrew Gillum’s Grandmother Leaves Lasting Impression On Him [EXCLUSIVE]
- Dove Awards 2018 Winners & Performance Highlights [PHOTOS + VIDEO]
- Bishop T.D. Jakes To Bring Multi-Day Conference To Atlanta
- These Women Are Running The First Black-Owned Real Estate Crowdfunding Company
- Marshawn Lynch Launches Initiative To Provide The Homeless With Smartphones
- Kappa Alpha Psi Hosted The Clemson University Party Where The Floor Collapsed
- Stacey Abrams Tied In Race For Governor Despite GOP’s Hold On Georgia
- Video Shows Black Teen Girl Being Punched While Restrained By Florida Cops