BET has found its Whitney Houston for The Bobby Brown Story!
How could BET possibly tell the Bobby Brown story without even a mention of Whitney? They couldn’t.
Deadline.com reports that the network has finally filled the role, and Rosewood star Gabrielle Dennis is set to play Whitney.
Bobby and Whitney had a tumultuous relationship that was high on drama. They got married in 1992 and welcomed a daughter, Bobbi Kristina, in 1993. The pair later split up and divorced in 2007.
There’s no word on whether Bobbi Kristina will be included in The Bobby Brown Story.
Gabrielle is the last star to join the cast. Last week, it was announced that Mekhi Phifer, Lil Rel Howrey, and Lance Gross had all been cast in the two-part TV event.
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirtley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- School Principal Apologizes After Students Were Told To Act Like Runaway Slaves For Black History Month
- Church Administrator, Wife Charged After Stealing $1.2 Million From Congregation To Go On Vacation
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- What We Know About The Death And Alleged Murder Of Tamla Horsford
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More
BET Casts Actress To Play Whitney Houston In “The Bobby Brown Story” was originally published on hellobeautiful.com