Sir The Baptist might be a hip-hop artist, but his new song “Heaven” has fans of gospel music loving it. He was raised in church, his father was a preacher and his mother didn’t love him listening to anything but gospel. Sir The Baptist at one point was homeless and making money as a Lyft driver to survive.
In his music he wants to deliver the message that God has a plan for you and will direct you the right way. He mentioned that it’s all about sticking to what you want to do and following your dreams. Sir The Baptist loves making music and no matter what will continue to give the fans what they love.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Ericaism: God Loves Me As Me [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Usain Bolt Opens Up Restaurant, Actress And Model Kim Porter Dead At 47 & More
- How Race & No Sex Before Marriage Is Teaching Chad Johnson & Michelle Williams As Well As Others Valuable Lessons [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Pastor Victor Couzens Wanted For Aggravated Harassment
- Queen Latifah, Missy Elliott And Mary J. Blige To Produce Biopic Film On The Clark Sisters
- Deitrick Haddon Criticized For R&B Christmas Song [VIDEO]
- Watch: Todd Dulaney Explains How He Regained His Wife’s Trust [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Diddy’s Ex, Kim Porter Dead At 47
- Mr. Griffin: Breaking Free From Situations You Can’t Change [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: LeBron James Earns A New Title, Harlem Powerball Winner To Give Back To Veterans & More