Sir The Baptist might be a hip-hop artist, but his new song “Heaven” has fans of gospel music loving it. He was raised in church, his father was a preacher and his mother didn’t love him listening to anything but gospel. Sir The Baptist at one point was homeless and making money as a Lyft driver to survive.
In his music he wants to deliver the message that God has a plan for you and will direct you the right way. He mentioned that it’s all about sticking to what you want to do and following your dreams. Sir The Baptist loves making music and no matter what will continue to give the fans what they love.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Love Talking: Love & Discipline Go Hand In Hand [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Debra Lee To Step Down As Chairman And CEO Of BET
- How Black Women Delivered Stacey Abrams’ Historic Win In Georgia’s Primary Race
- Maurette’s Inspiration That Sticks: Be The Best You
- Holy Grounds! Swoope’s “Shining Down” Vs. 1k Phew’s “Show Love” [MUSIC]
- Don’t Have Cash For The Offering Basket? Don’t Worry, These Churches Have Apple Pay
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama Shares Images From “Becoming” [PHOTOS]
- Get Up Poll: How Long Is Too Long To Let Your Kids Live With You? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Donnie McClurkin Addresses Throat Cancer Rumors [VIDEO]
- Jekalyn Carr Acoustic Performance [VIDEO]