TJ spoke about a school where parents got upset because their daughters didn’t make the cheerleading squad. Some of the girls were cut and now the principal is giving them options of either having a team or not. Erica Campbell spoke about kids needing to experience disappointment.
She said falls are necessary because it prepares you. Her kids play sports and sometimes the team loses and that’s okay. Erica doesn’t want the kids that are great at something be disqualified because others aren’t talented and can’t take disappointment. What are your thoughts on this topic?
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Jonathan McReynolds & Koryn Hawthorne To Host Stellar Awards 2020 + Nominees Announced
- BET’s ‘Sunday Best’ Season 10 To Return Spring 2020
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Earns $73 Million At Box Office, ‘Bad Boys 4’ In The Works
- FBI ‘Honors’ Martin Luther King With Tone-Deaf Tweet That Revises Black History
- Kanye West On His Battle With Alcohol: ‘Devil, You’re Not Going to Beat Me Today’
- Howard Thurman Helped Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Non-Violent Philosophy
- Pancreatic Cancer Hits Milestone With Double-Digit Survival Rates
- The Clark Sisters: First Ladies of Gospel Set for Release April 2020
- Marilyn Mosby Shares Racist Voicemail After St. Louis Visit: “Fat A**, Empowered Black Woman”
- Chante Moore Dishes On Her James Ingram Tribute At Urban One Honors! [EXCLUSIVE]