Thanks to the shenanigans of Kanye West, bipolar disorder has been all over the news and your timelines. Once known as “manic depression,” bipolar disorder is a mental disorder marked by periods of depression and periods of elevated mood, known as mania.
Yeezy isn’t the first, and certainly won’t be the last artist to suffer from the condition.
It’s important for sufferers to get diagnosed since in most cases it can be controlled with proper medication. Too often those suffering in silence, or even with treatment (albeit likely done so improperly i.e. via self-medication) end up hurting themselves since suicide.
It’s no coincidence a couple of the stars on this list saw their lives come to an untimely end due to suicide.
Here are 10 stars with bipolar disorder.
10 Famous Stars With Bipolar Disorder
1. Delonte West1 of 11
2. Jimi Hendrix2 of 11
3. Mariah Carey3 of 11
4. Charles Hamilton4 of 11
5. Jenifer Lewis5 of 11
6. Nina SimoneSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Alvin AileySource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Amy Winehouse8 of 11
9. Travis Barker9 of 11
10. Chris Brown10 of 11
11. Kanye West11 of 11
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Calling Card Trouble [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Travis Greene Debuts New Song “See The Light” With Jekalyn Carr [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Attaching Your Dreams To A Musical Message Can Keep You Motivated [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Suspected White Supremacist Who Killed 18-Year-Old Nia Wilson Indicted By Grand Jury
- Savannah State Eyes Layoffs Amid Decline In Student Enrollment
- I’m Good Beloved, Enjoy: Rihanna Declines Super Bowl Halftime Show In Support Of Colin Kaepernick
- African Americans Who Lead HIV Diagnoses May Get Game-Changing Treatment
- Kirk Franklin’s Biological Father Passes Away [EXCLUSIVE]
- Mr Griffin: Take Somebody To The Doctors Office [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Trump Loses To Obama With Student Debt Relief Ruling On For-Profit Colleges