Thanks to the shenanigans of Kanye West, bipolar disorder has been all over the news and your timelines. Once known as “manic depression,” bipolar disorder is a mental disorder marked by periods of depression and periods of elevated mood, known as mania.
Yeezy isn’t the first, and certainly won’t be the last artist to suffer from the condition.
It’s important for sufferers to get diagnosed since in most cases it can be controlled with proper medication. Too often those suffering in silence, or even with treatment (albeit likely done so improperly i.e. via self-medication) end up hurting themselves since suicide.
It’s no coincidence a couple of the stars on this list saw their lives come to an untimely end due to suicide.
Here are 10 stars with bipolar disorder.
10 Famous Stars With Bipolar Disorder
1. Delonte West1 of 11
2. Jimi Hendrix2 of 11
3. Mariah Carey3 of 11
4. Charles Hamilton4 of 11
5. Jenifer Lewis5 of 11
6. Nina SimoneSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Alvin AileySource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Amy Winehouse8 of 11
9. Travis Barker9 of 11
10. Chris Brown10 of 11
11. Kanye West11 of 11
- Gospel Radio Awards To Honor Mary Mary & Tye Tribbett In 2020
- Listen: Deborah Joy Winans Remixes Classic Mississippi Mass Choir Song “When I Rose” For ‘Greenleaf’ Series Soundtrack
- New Music Alert! Jason McGee & The Choir Drop New Single, “Never Let Me Go” [VIDEO]
- Flash Back Friday: This Old Video Of Keke Wyatt & Ron Poindexter Gave Us Chills
- Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax Sues CBS For Gayle King’s Interview With His Accusers
- Aoki Lee Simmons & Her Black Harvard Squad Shine In All-White
- Ben Carson Magically Cleared Of Wrongdoing In Buying $31,000 Dining Room Set
- Say What? Black Woman Denied Pedicure For Being ‘Too Big’ For Seat
- A ‘Girlfriends’ Reunion is Happening! [Photo]
- Another One! DJ Khaled & His Wife Nicole Tuck Expecting Second Child [VIDEO]