Thanks to the shenanigans of Kanye West, bipolar disorder has been all over the news and your timelines. Once known as “manic depression,” bipolar disorder is a mental disorder marked by periods of depression and periods of elevated mood, known as mania.
Yeezy isn’t the first, and certainly won’t be the last artist to suffer from the condition.
It’s important for sufferers to get diagnosed since in most cases it can be controlled with proper medication. Too often those suffering in silence, or even with treatment (albeit likely done so improperly i.e. via self-medication) end up hurting themselves since suicide.
It’s no coincidence a couple of the stars on this list saw their lives come to an untimely end due to suicide.
Here are 10 stars with bipolar disorder.
10 Famous Stars With Bipolar Disorder
1. Delonte West1 of 11
2. Jimi Hendrix2 of 11
3. Mariah Carey3 of 11
4. Charles Hamilton4 of 11
5. Jenifer Lewis5 of 11
6. Nina SimoneSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Alvin AileySource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Amy Winehouse8 of 11
9. Travis Barker9 of 11
10. Chris Brown10 of 11
11. Kanye West11 of 11
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Get Up! News Roundup: Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Game Movie, Women’s March In DC This Weekend & More
- Man Fatally Shoots Estranged Wife And Injures Daughter Outside Church Before Turning Gun On Himself [VIDEO]
- Nurse Says God Put Her On A Certain Road To Save State Troopers Life
- Listen: Tasha Cobbs Preps New Music, “This Is A Move”
- GRIFF Prayer: Toys He Wasn’t Allowed To Play With [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: God Is My Source [VIDEO]
- FYI: This Is Why The Doll Of Serena Williams’ Daughter Has Over 90,000 Followers On Instagram
- Anti-Vaxxers Land On WHO’s Top Global Health Threats List
- Not On The Lord’s Day: Hotel Dishwasher Wins $21 Million Settlement When Boss Tried To Make Her Work On Sundays