Thanks to the shenanigans of Kanye West, bipolar disorder has been all over the news and your timelines. Once known as “manic depression,” bipolar disorder is a mental disorder marked by periods of depression and periods of elevated mood, known as mania.
Yeezy isn’t the first, and certainly won’t be the last artist to suffer from the condition.
It’s important for sufferers to get diagnosed since in most cases it can be controlled with proper medication. Too often those suffering in silence, or even with treatment (albeit likely done so improperly i.e. via self-medication) end up hurting themselves since suicide.
It’s no coincidence a couple of the stars on this list saw their lives come to an untimely end due to suicide.
Here are 10 stars with bipolar disorder.
10 Famous Stars With Bipolar Disorder
1. Delonte West1 of 11
2. Jimi Hendrix2 of 11
3. Mariah Carey3 of 11
4. Charles Hamilton4 of 11
5. Jenifer Lewis5 of 11
6. Nina SimoneSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Alvin AileySource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Amy Winehouse8 of 11
9. Travis Barker9 of 11
10. Chris Brown10 of 11
11. Kanye West11 of 11
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Pledges To Eliminate Student Loan Debt For Morehouse’s Class Of 2019
- Melvin Edmonds Of ‘After 7’ Has Passed Away
- New Book Highlights The Legacy Of Black Cyclist Marshall Taylor
- Actress Regina Hall Receives Honorary Degree From Dillard University
- GoFundMe Supporters Raise $8K So Single Mom Can Go To NASA Internship
- Billboard No.1 Artists Bryan Popin Releases New Single “All Back” On All Digital Outlets [VIDEO]
- HBCU World Series Aims To Diversify College Baseball
- LeBron James Aims To Combat Hunger In Underserved Communities
- #BlackGirlMagic: Arkansas Teens Make History By Becoming Valedictorian, Salutatorian
- Kirk Franklin Debuts Music Video For New Song, “OK”