Thanks to the shenanigans of Kanye West, bipolar disorder has been all over the news and your timelines. Once known as “manic depression,” bipolar disorder is a mental disorder marked by periods of depression and periods of elevated mood, known as mania.
Yeezy isn’t the first, and certainly won’t be the last artist to suffer from the condition.
It’s important for sufferers to get diagnosed since in most cases it can be controlled with proper medication. Too often those suffering in silence, or even with treatment (albeit likely done so improperly i.e. via self-medication) end up hurting themselves since suicide.
It’s no coincidence a couple of the stars on this list saw their lives come to an untimely end due to suicide.
Here are 10 stars with bipolar disorder.
10 Famous Stars With Bipolar Disorder
1. Delonte West1 of 11
2. Jimi Hendrix2 of 11
3. Mariah Carey3 of 11
4. Charles Hamilton4 of 11
5. Jenifer Lewis5 of 11
6. Nina SimoneSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Alvin AileySource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Amy Winehouse8 of 11
9. Travis Barker9 of 11
10. Chris Brown10 of 11
11. Kanye West11 of 11
- Top Quotes From Bayard Rustin, The First Openly Gay Black Civil Rights Leader
- An Unexpected Pair: Barack Obama & Bruce Springsteen Launch New Podcast Together
- Urban One Submits A Proposal To Open First Black-Owned Casino in U.S.
- Expert Shares How All of Us Research Program Can Change Health Outcomes for Everyone
- James Fortune Debuts New Song With Isaac Carree, “It’s Gonna Happen”
- Houston Mayor Calls On Texas To Pay For Skyrocketing Energy Bills Following Winter Storm
- A Brief History of Black Sports Agents In Major Sports
- Eve Is Returning To Scripted Television In New ABC Pilot ‘Queens’
- Witness To Grace: Dr. Franklyn Richardson Discusses ‘Testimony of Favor’ In New Book
- Regina King To Star In Upcoming Shirley Chisholm Biopic