Erica Campbell spoke about how sometimes people are talking, but we aren’t listening. She explained that listening and hearing someone are two different things and sometimes we confuse them. We might be talking to someone about a topic we don’t agree on and continue to tell the person that we are hearing them when really we aren’t.
Erica believes an argument can be avoided if we listen to hear what they have to say as they explain themselves. When we take time to acknowledge people and listen to where they are coming from things turn out better. Communication is key and make sure you’re listening.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Racist University Of Texas Song Shrugged Off By Alumni And Donors, Emails Show
- Winston Duke Will Portray Civil Rights Activist Marcus Garvey In Amazon Biopic, ‘Marked Man’
- Gabrielle Union Used To ‘Hate’ Her Natural Hair
- Georgia Teacher Faces Backlash For Telling Students Breonna Taylor Was Responsible For Her Own Death
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: The Dr. Maya Angelou Story (And Still You Can Rise!)
- Kirk Franklin Dishes On His New “Good Words” Podcast [EXCLUSIVE]
- Temple Alum Breaks World Record For Creating The Largest Drawing Made By One Individual
- Mama Tina Slays In Her Ivy Park
- Ayesha Curry Says Switching To A Dairy-Free Lifestyle Helped Improve Her Skin, Acne And Overall Gut Health!
- Ben Jealous Compares Stacey Abrams’ Political Genius To A Game Of Spades: ‘Sacrifice In Order To Win’