Baltimore City police are looking for one or more people who tried to burn down The Ark Church, located on North Ave., Wednesday morning using gasoline and Molotov cocktails. Thankfully, the mostly brick structure allowed for minimal damage. Members have helped to clean.
“It’s a little nerve-racking, but other than that, we’re going to continue doing the work,” said Elder Rashad Singletary, of Ark Church. “We do a lot to impact the community. We give away food, clothes, anything we can do to help the community, so I’m just kind of shocked that somebody would target our church in such away.”
Leadership at the church said that this is not the first time the church has been threatened by fire, but it is the first time anyone has been successful.
Police have no suspects and there was no usable surveillance video from any area cameras. Anyone with information is asked to call the Baltimore City Police Department.
Catch Maurette on the all new “Sound of Praise with Maurette Brown Clark” show weekdays 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and make sure you follow her on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @SOPmaurette!
Think you missed something? Click HERE to see more from “Sound of Praise!”
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text BMORE to 52140 to join our text club!
- Sybil Wilkes Shares What You Need To Know About Trump’s Impeachment
- Married Couple Who Paid Off $114,000 Debt In 23 Months Shares How They Did It! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Human Trafficking Overweight Individuals [VIDEO]
- Kobe Bryant & His Daughter Took Communion In Church Before Fatal Crash
- Everything You Need To Know About The Unsung Cruise
- Faith Walking: What Does A Blessing Look Like? [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: We Laugh Together, We Cry Together [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For People Who Owe People Money [VIDEO]
- Rickey Smiley To Host 21st Annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration
- Gospel Community Reacts To Kobe Bryant’s Death On Social Media