A man tells about the the historic, “Safe Bus” America’s first black-owned company, which his grandfather worked for, while another woman tells us about the 15-year-old who refused to give up her seat on the bus nine months prior to Rose Parks. Then, another caller tells us about Jan Matzeliger, the black man who invented the Lasting Machine. Before he invented it, workers were making shoes entirely by hand.
After his patent was acquired by a major shoe company, machines made up to 700 shoes a day. It opened the shoe-making business to employ tons more workers and supply high-quality, low-cost shoes to people around the world. Click on the audio player to hear more about him this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Praise! Pastor Says Boy Thrown From Balcony Is In Recovery, No Brain Damage
- Travis and Jackie Greene Welcome Baby Boy [PHOTOS]
- Jesse Williams & Taylour Page Confirm Relationship In Cute Post [PHOTO]
- Mathew Knowles Is Prepping A Destiny’s Child Musical With Je’Caryous Johnson
- Conversations You Need To Have With Your New Boo To Create A Great Foundation For Your Relationship
- Osundairo Brothers’ Lawsuit: Jussie Smollett Faked Attack For Clout
- Phylicia Rashad Is Coming Back To Broadway
- Artist & Comedian Jermaine Dolly Joins Praise Indy Team!
- Elizabeth Warren Details Proposal To Eliminate Student Debt
- Bishop T.D. Jakes Shares How The Death Of His Mother & Daughter Getting Pregnant At A Young Age Inspired His New Book