A man tells about the the historic, “Safe Bus” America’s first black-owned company, which his grandfather worked for, while another woman tells us about the 15-year-old who refused to give up her seat on the bus nine months prior to Rose Parks. Then, another caller tells us about Jan Matzeliger, the black man who invented the Lasting Machine. Before he invented it, workers were making shoes entirely by hand.
After his patent was acquired by a major shoe company, machines made up to 700 shoes a day. It opened the shoe-making business to employ tons more workers and supply high-quality, low-cost shoes to people around the world. Click on the audio player to hear more about him this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Wendy Williams Is Off The Air For Three Weeks After Health Diagnosis
- True Hollywood Bible Stories: Jesus Feeds The Masses [EXCLUSIVE]
- Love Talking: The Beauty Of Keeping Your Word [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Be Honest [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Don’t Break Girl Code [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- How Brian Courtney Wilson Found Christ For Himself [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Jekalyn Carr’s “You Will Win” Spends 4 Weeks At No.1 On Billboard Gospel Charts
- St. Jude To Build Advanced Research Center
- Get Up Poll: Have You Ever Broken Guy Or Girl Code [EXCLUSIVE]
- Tiffany Haddish Lands New Role With Melissa McCarthy [EXCLUSIVE]