A man tells about the the historic, “Safe Bus” America’s first black-owned company, which his grandfather worked for, while another woman tells us about the 15-year-old who refused to give up her seat on the bus nine months prior to Rose Parks. Then, another caller tells us about Jan Matzeliger, the black man who invented the Lasting Machine. Before he invented it, workers were making shoes entirely by hand.
After his patent was acquired by a major shoe company, machines made up to 700 shoes a day. It opened the shoe-making business to employ tons more workers and supply high-quality, low-cost shoes to people around the world. Click on the audio player to hear more about him this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: “LiveBeat Dads” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Restart, Refresh, Renew [EXCLUSIVE]
- Should Married Couples Have A Separate Stash? [VIDEO]
- GRIFF Shares His Own Stories About His Daughters Wearing Makeup After Watching “We’re The Campbells” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- IZ-Real Speaks About Why He Preaches Hope To Believers And Non-Believers [EXCLUSIVE]
- People Are Outraged Over Trump Calling Omarosa ‘Dog,’ But He’s Called Maxine Waters Worse
- Taraji P. Henson Gets Gift Some Woman Desire In ‘What Men Want’ [VIDEO]
- Florida Denny’s Turns Away Black Churchgoers And Forced To Apologize
- Ericaism: Grace For Your Stage [EXCLUSIVE]
- Tamela Mann Talks About Which Of Her New Songs Brings Her To Tears