As people get back into their week after the holiday weekend, all anybody can talk about is “Black Panther.” The film debuted in theaters over the weekend, grossing over $400 million worldwide. Erica Campbell talks about how rewarding it was to see her daughter, Krista, react to all the images of all those beautiful black people, especially dark-skinned women, as warriors and royalty onscreen.
GRIFF talks about some of the beautiful moments in the film that highlighted cultural unity on a level we don’t typically see on screen. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- President Biden To Pardon All Federal Offenses Of Simple Marijuana Possession
- Juan Winans Talks New Single “Now” Featuring Lalah Hathaway & Rep. John Lewis
- Sen. Raphael Warnock Widens Polling Lead Over Herschel Walker As Bombshell Reports Pour In
- Ericaism: Jesus Loves The Humble
- More Than 30 Dead, Dozens of Children Killed in Mass Shooting at Thai Daycare
- NFL ‘Karen’: Man Who Ran On Field Calls Cops On Rams Players Who Tackled Him
- Suspected White Supremacist Involved In Brutal Ax Attack On Black Man Faces 10 Years In Prison For Racist Hate Crime
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Miracles Are Voice Activated
- Wiley Head Basketball Coach And Former WNBA Star Tiffany Jackson Dies At 37
- Congressional HBCU Caucus Presses DOJ, FBI Over Ongoing Bomb Threats At Historically Black Colleges