As people get back into their week after the holiday weekend, all anybody can talk about is “Black Panther.” The film debuted in theaters over the weekend, grossing over $400 million worldwide. Erica Campbell talks about how rewarding it was to see her daughter, Krista, react to all the images of all those beautiful black people, especially dark-skinned women, as warriors and royalty onscreen.
GRIFF talks about some of the beautiful moments in the film that highlighted cultural unity on a level we don’t typically see on screen. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- 12-Year-Old Flint Activist Raises Over $130K For Water Filtration Systems
- Entrepreneur Launches Coupon Platform To Support Black-Owned Businesses
- Artists Announced for Pastor Donnie McClurkin’s 60th Birthday All-Star Tribute Concert
- Former NFL Player DeAngelo Williams Funds 500 Mammograms
- Tia Mowry Shows Off Postpartum Weight Loss, Opens Up About Being Called “Fat” During & After Pregnancy
- Sherri Shepherd Posts Funny Video About Her Frustrations With Her Baby Daddy
- Oprah Winfrey Does Not Regret Her Decision To Not Get Married Or Have Kids
- Will Smith Developing A ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ Spinoff Series
- Walking On Water: $3,000 ‘Jesus Shoes’ Filled With Holy Water Sell Out In Minutes
- Colorado Pastor Shot & Killed By His Own Son