As people get back into their week after the holiday weekend, all anybody can talk about is “Black Panther.” The film debuted in theaters over the weekend, grossing over $400 million worldwide. Erica Campbell talks about how rewarding it was to see her daughter, Krista, react to all the images of all those beautiful black people, especially dark-skinned women, as warriors and royalty onscreen.
GRIFF talks about some of the beautiful moments in the film that highlighted cultural unity on a level we don’t typically see on screen. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Ja’net Dubois, Wilona From ‘Good Times’ Dead At 74
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Love Of Hair [VIDEO]
- Wakanda 4Eva: 5 Facts About ‘Black Panther’ You Probably Didn’t Know
- Girl Power: Meet The Women Who Are Pushing For Criminal Justice Reform in America
- Demetrius West and Jesus Promoters Answer In The Affirmative With New Radio Single
- Behind The Scenes: Kyla Pratt Returns To T.V. With New Comedy Show
- Newspapers Edited By Frederick Douglass Now Available Online
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Valentine Date-Less [VIDEO]
- Vanessa Bryant Changes Name Of Kobe Bryant’s Mamba Sports Foundation
- Watch: Isaac Carree Dedicates New Song To History’s Legends