Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Tom Perez, chatted with Erica Campbell. He explained how the DNC has invested in the black community lately, citing Doug Jones‘ victory in Alabama, and Keshia Lance-Bottoms‘ mayoral win for Atlanta. Tom talks about the constant battle to preserve the right to vote by combatting Republican voter ID laws.
Tom also sheds light on the battle for gun control and what he has witnessed that makes him convinced that gun control laws are completely necessary. He also explains why we don’t have to choose between gun control and the 2nd amendment, and praises the next generation for the movement they have kicked up around the issue. Check out this exclusive interview to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Discovering Words That Can Be Used Internationally [VIDEO]
- Retired Minister Could Possibly Be Evicted For Holding Bible Study In His Apartment
- Syleena Johnson Shares How The Entertainment Business Made Her Develop A Low Self-Esteem In Her New Book “The Weight Is Over” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Knowing Your Family History Could Possibly Prevent Breast Cancer [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Deitrick Haddon Pens Three Songs On Usher’s New Album, ‘A’
- Jo Dee Messina On Battling Cancer: “I Know That God Has Me”
- Travis Greene Announces ‘See the Light’ Tour, Reveals New Single With Jekalyn Carr
- From Oprah To Chance The Rapper, African-Americans Are Trying To Fight Hunger In Practical Ways
- Wife Of Temptations’ Dennis Edwards Denies Abusing Him Before His Death
- Here’s How Sears Had Unexpected Influence With Black Shoppers