Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Tom Perez, chatted with Erica Campbell. He explained how the DNC has invested in the black community lately, citing Doug Jones‘ victory in Alabama, and Keshia Lance-Bottoms‘ mayoral win for Atlanta. Tom talks about the constant battle to preserve the right to vote by combatting Republican voter ID laws.
Tom also sheds light on the battle for gun control and what he has witnessed that makes him convinced that gun control laws are completely necessary. He also explains why we don’t have to choose between gun control and the 2nd amendment, and praises the next generation for the movement they have kicked up around the issue. Check out this exclusive interview to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Gabrielle Union Paid Homage To Kim Fields’ Iconic Character, Tootie From ‘Facts of Life’ [Video]
- Mariah Carey Shares New Music With Kirk Franklin
- The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffett In The World Is Closed Forever
- Death Of Nick Cannon’s 5-Month-Old Son Draws Attention To Black Babies’ High Infant Mortality Rate
- Nick Cannon Announces The Death Of His 7th Child Zen
- NYC Announces New Vaccination Mandate For Private Employees
- CEO Fires 900 Employees Via Zoom Call
- ‘Aunt Viv’ Hospitalized: Pens Note To Will Smith
- November Jobs Report Falls Short of Expectations, The Build Back Better Act Could Expand Opportunity For Black Workers
- Pioneering Black Women From St. Louis To Be Honored By The Griot Museum Of Black History