It’s Mental Health Awareness Month and Erica Campbell wants to know what can be done to help. One caller mentioned that you must pay attention to the signs early on. As a child and when he got older he was dealing with certain issues, but not understanding how to fix it.
When he became an adult he got help with his issues and is thankful God was there for him every step of the way. Another woman called and spoke about how some believe prayer helps, but it’s not enough at times and medication is needed. She also advised that people not just go off of medication just because they want to.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
RELATED: Get Up Poll: What Are You Reclaiming? [EXCLUSIVE]
RELATED: Get Up Poll: Can “Get Up!” Listeners Make Erica Campbell & GRIFF Laugh? [EXCLUSIVE]
RELATED: Get Up Poll: Why One Caller Went To Church Wakanda-Style [EXCLUSIVE]
- Black Voters Matter Head To Houston To Educate College Students About Critical Voting Issues
- Trump Indicted By Manhattan Grand Jury, First Former POTUS To Face Criminal Charges
- See How LeBron Became LeBron In The First Look Of The New Peacock Film ‘Shooting Stars’
- GOP Legislator Calls Largely Black D.C. Schools ‘Inmate Factories,’ But He’ll Probably Say He’s Not Racist
- Filming ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’ Prompted Dominique Fishback To Demand A Therapist Be On Set For ‘Swarm’
- Blaq Luxury Hair CEO Cherice Williams Speaks On Building a Seven-Figure Company in 3 Years
- Secret Is Helping Young Women Build A Solid Financial Foundation With Their Latest Initiative
- Where Is The Evidence Jonathan Majors’ Lawyer Says Will Clear Actor After Assault Arrest?
- Giving Niecy Nash Her Flowers: Why The Actress Is A Black Icon
- Rep. Byron Donalds Says Don’t ‘Get Into Emotion’ Over Nashville School Shooting When Asked About Guns